DURATION: 45 minutes plus Q&A
Sovos and Wines & Vines partnered again to create the Direct-to-Consumer (DtC) Wine Shipping Report, which is the most accurate report of the direct-to-consumer wine shipping industry. In 2017, we saw explosive growth in the channel, putting the direct-to-consumer wine channel on track to top $3 billion in 2018. The DtC channel also increased its share of the total domestic off-premise retail market to 10% in 2017. Watch for an overview of the DtC Wine Shipping Report findings, key insights and real-world examples of the growth trends from 2017. During this webinar, we'll discuss trends we saw in 2017, such as:
- Season: Fall and holiday seasons were the busiest time of year
- Region: Sonoma county and Oregon drove channel growth in 2017
- Size: Medium-sized wineries had the most impressive year over year growth
- Varietal: Rose experienced the largest organic growth of all varietals in 2017
- Price: Wines $40 and under accounted for two-thirds of shipments
- Destination: Pennsylvania became a top ten destination state by volume.